8 Best Sony Xperia XZ Premium Tips and Tricks
Sony Xperia XZ Premium is the flagship phone of Sony which comes with a lot of advantages. The premium phone from Sony comes with an awesome set of hardware configuration such as 19-megapixel camera with image stabilization, Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 processor, a super bright 4K screen and much more that can drool anyone who love to use high-end phones.
Sony Xperia XZ Premium is not limited to only good hardware specifications, the phone is backed up by a great software that comes with lot many features. However, if you are buying Sony’s handset for the first time, it is a little hard to find some of the hidden gems that will help you to get the most out of your smartphone.
This article is dedicated to the best Sony Xperia XZ Premium tips and tricks that requires a little digging to unlock the same. So, let’s check out these best Sony Xperia XZ Premium tips and tricks and get the most out of your new smartphone.
Best Sony XPeria XZ Premium Tips and Tricks
1. How to Calibrate Screen in Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Sony Xperia XZ Premium probably has one of the best color settings which is capable of displaying 138% of the color spectrum which can be mind-boggling at times. Although there are apps present that will support these features, you may not be a huge fan of the same and you can easily turn the feature off by:
- Go to Settings
- In this, you will find a Display option, tap on it
- Now, you will find Color Gamut and Contrast, where there will be three options and the Standard Mode in on. You can switch it to Professional or Super Vivid Mode according to your choice.
2. How to Smart Backlight Control in Sony Xperia XZ Premium
When you go to the display section of the Sony Xperia XZ Premium, you will find the Smart Backlight Control which will allow you to control your backlight automatically. Hence, even if your backlight time out is set to be 15 seconds, it will be on as long as you are holding the phone in your hand and will only dim the light when you have put your Sony Xperia XZ Premium down which is a cool feature to have.
3. How to Enable Sony Assistant in Sony Xperia XZ Premium
The Sony Assistant is probably one of the best features of Sony Xperia XZ Premium which allows you to use the phone in a very concise manner. It gathers information about how you use the phone and will take that information to alter the way you use it to give you maximum utilization of Sony Xperia XZ Premium. It will be available in the place of the old “Intro & Tips” button that was present earlier. When you start with your Sony Xperia XZ Premium, it is a good idea to use it too.
4. How to Double Tap and Put Home Screen to Sleep
When it comes to Sony Xperia XZ Premium, a double tap on the screen may not cause the screen to wake up to your call, but it will put the phone to sleep. It certainly helps when you want to turn the screen off. To enable this feature, follow the below instructions:
- Press and hold the home screen to get the number of customizations
- Tap on Settings option and scroll down till you find Double tap to sleep option. Toggle it to turn it On.
That’s it, this how you enable the option to put the home screen to sleep by double tapping on Sony Xperia XZ Premium.
5. How to Extend the Xperia XZ Premium Battery Life
A 3200 mAh battery and a quick charger won’t make the battery last forever. However, Sony Xperia XZ Premium offers users with two varied battery saving modes which are the Stamina and Ultra Stamina that turns off certain features of the phone that you don’t need often in order to keep your battery from draining out. The Smart Stamina mode helps in estimating battery time.
6. How to Use Super Slow Motion Video in Sony Xperia XZ Premium
One of the coolest features of Sony Xperia XZ Premium is probably the slow-motion video mode, which capture 960 frames per second and allows you to slow down the world around you by 1/40 of its original speed. To capture super slow motion in Sony Xperia XZ Premium, please do the needful.
- Switch on the Camera and turn to the video mode.
- Near the Capture button is present in another small circular button which triggers the slow-motion mode.
- The slow-motion mode isn’t continuous and you have to press the circular button at the moment to capture slow motion stuff.
7. How to Change the Colors and Themes in Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Keeping the same theme for a prolonged period becomes mundane at times. Hence, when you need to change the theme of Sony Xperia XZ Premium, you need to touch the empty space on the wallpaper until the phone vibrates then you can select your desired picture from the wallpaper option available and you can go to the Album option to change the locked screen photo. To change the theme in Sony Xperia XZ Premium, follow below instructions:
- Touch and hold the home screen until it vibrates
- It will bring you a number of options, click on Themes and select the one you like. You can also buy or download more themes from Xperia Store.
8. How to Free Up Memory in Xperia XZ Premium
Our phone often becomes cluttered with temporary files and unnecessary apps which we seldom use. Although Sony Xperia XZ Premium has a 4 GB RAM, still it becomes important for us to clean the phone from time to time. Now it can be done by Sony Smart Cleaner which can be switched on easily by following instructions below:
- Go to Settings
- Find Storage and Memory. Under this setting, you will find Smart Cleaner which you need to switch it on.
- Once you have switched it on, Sony Xperia XZ Premium will take care of the unnecessary cluttering by cleaning it up from time to time.
Hope these best Sony Xperia XZ premium tips and tricks help you to use your phone to the fullest in a better way than you have used it all along. Enjoy!