The technology has made a big rise in innovation in terms of computers; which would allow users to solve every problem with ease that we face in our day-to-day life. The introduction of Android and Apple computer also did a fabulous job in making one’s life as simple as possible.
If you are using Apple macOS laptops or iMac, you might be aware with the Apple’s virtual assistant named Siri which is pretty useless on desktops. We don’t know what is the reason, but Siri on the iPhone seems to work really fast. Whatever the reason be, Siri really disappointed many others.
However, Google Assistant came very late on Android phones and work really great just like Siri on iPhone. But, do you know, there is a workaround that will help you to download Google Assistant and use it on your macOS. Yes, you read it correctly, this article will help you to find out how you can use the Google Assistant on your macOS.
To know how you can use the Google Assistant on your marks, follow the below instructions:
1. Head on to MacAssistant and download the zip file from the Downloads section. This is the unofficial client for Google’s API but it works perfectly in most of the conditions.
2. Once you download the above file, Unarhive it by clicking on it and put it in Applications Folder.
3. To open it, you have to approve it as macOS doesn’t allow to open apps that are downloaded from unidentified developers To do this, Control + click on the App icon, choose Open and then once again click on Open from the pop-up Menu.
4. Mac Assistant will run in the Menu Bar. You will have to put your Gmail login details when you open it for the first time.
5. Once you put your Gmail login details, it will ask your permission to access. Click on Allow to move forward.
6. After doing it, you will see a microphone icon in the menu bar. Now you can talk to your Google Assistant. By clicking left Command keys two times, it will open the Google Assistant directly.
That is it, this is how you can use the Google Assistant on your macOS. You can ask various questions and it will answer to your commands. However, there is no visual feedback from the Google Assistant client, you have to rely on its voice only. May be future updates from MacAssistant will bring visual feedback too.
I asked about the weather and it gave me the correct information. It has translations of over 100 languages. As described it as personal, you can tell it do things; like play the playlist, make the reservations and set reminders for any meetings or birthday greetings.
With the MacAssistant you can also set up the schedule, news, reminders and much more by just saying on the mic. And Google will start up your every task managing very smartly; without taping a finger.
So, what are you waiting for. Go and download MacAssistant to use the Google Assistant on your Mac right away. If you have any questions, do let us know in the comments section below.