It is rightly said that any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. One such magic has arrived with the latest iOS 11 update which lets you turn your live photos into animated GIFs. iOS 11.0.1 is compatible with the iPhone 5S or later, iPad mini 2 or later and the 6th generation iPod touch or later.
This new feature of iPhone brings alive all the fond and favourite memories as soon as you long press the pictures. Now, you can turn iPhone live photos into animated GIFs without using any third app. The only thing you have to do is to upgrade your phone to iOS 11 and you can easily covert your iPhone live photos to GIFs. Later, you can easily share these animated shots across all the available platforms without any flaws and restrictions.
Though the technology seems fascinating, but there is no rocket science behind converting these pictures. If you want to achieve the same results, have a look at below steps that will help you to convert your iPhone live photos to animated GIFs.
1. Open the Photos application on your iPhone. From the collection of your various albums, just tap on the Live Photos album.
2. Select the picture that you want to turn into an animated GIF. Once the picture is opened, scroll to the bottom of the screen and from there swipe towards the upward direction of the screen.
3. After doing this action, you will find four options on the top: Live, Loop, Bounce and Long exposure. These four are the animation effects that can be used for the picture.
- Live: This will keep the picture in the live mode or the original form.
- Loop: As the name suggests, it essentially plays the video, then repeats it with a brief cross and dissolve style transition between when it ends and when it begins back again.
- Bounce: It is the built-in version of boomerang which is a very popular feature today in the Instagram stories where it first plays a few seconds video and then immediately reverses the action in the video.
- Long exposure: It creates a manual long exposure shot as we try to do using a tripod or a camera. It combines the various frames of a video into a single blurred image. It is mostly suitable for waterfalls, rivers, rainfall and water related pictures.
4. After selecting one of the four desired options, the photo will reappear in the Animated album in the Photos app.
8. Open the animated photo, click on the Share icon on the left bottom hand side to share the pictures across various platforms.
This is how you can easily turn your iPhone live photos into animated GIFs without downloading any third-party apps. It is always healthy to keep yourself updated with all the latest technology trends as technology makes the world a new and better place to live in. We always welcome honest suggestions and reviews which you can share in the comments below.